• Removing barriers to women's participation.
• Promoting science as a preferred career among young people.
• Identifying problems and removing obstacles.
• Identifying the next generation of leaders in the scholarly world.
• Seminar on gender and academic career paths, dealing with the promotion, integration and empowerment of women and gender equality at universities and throughout the academic system. The conference’s steering committee included Israel Young Academy members Dr. Tamar Herzig, Prof. Talia Fisher, Prof. Michal Feldman and the late Dr. Sharon Zuckerman. (A video from the seminar may be viewed on the website of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities.)