• Creating a channel for active participation in the development of science policy.
• Encouraging interaction with media organizations.
• Developing contacts between Israeli academia and the community.
• Providing a forum for expressing positions on scholarly matters of national and international importance.
• On October 23rd, 2013, the 2013 Report on the State of Science in Israel was presented to the Knesset Science and Technology Committee by the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities at a gala meeting. Prof. Roded Sharan, a member of the organizing committee of the Israel Young Academy, spoke at the meeting on “Avenues of Research for the Next Generation.”
• Opinion piece about Israeli participation in the Horizon 2020 program of the European Union (EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation), by Prof. Dan Oron and Dr. Rotem Sorek.