In elections held at its annual assembly on June 11, 2020, the Israel Young Academy chose six new members:
- Prof. Jakub Abramson, Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science
- Dr. Tawfiq Da'adli, Departments of Art History and Archeology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Itay Halevy, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, The Weizmann Institute of Science
- Dr. Yonit Hochberg, Racah Institute of Physics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Dr. Iris Idelson-Shein, Department of History, Ben-Gurion University
- Prof. Nathan Keller, Department of Mathematics, Bar-Ilan University
The new members are outstanding scholars who have demonstrated excellence in their research fields and have contributed to society in the public arena. With them, the IYA now has 30 members serving four-year terms.